418 WOYWW

Today, inspiration is on vacation so I am reading book 2 of a series by Dorothy May Mercer. it is a series of 5 thrillers.  The police are portrayed not as idiots or misfits but as normal people with family lives, her writing style is a little business like and at times  old fashioned. It is an  escape; not just from the pain of 2017 but my art bust.  Nothing new or vaguely art is in my sight today.  I made cookies this morning, well the dough.  I will go cut the dough log up and freeze the slices to be cooked later as they are part of the planned celebration of Chris's birthday late this month.

 My large Wanderlust is  not what i want it to be, and i do not want to start on anything as we go to the vet soon for nail cutting and Xochitl is no where to be seen,  Ms Kitty has just demolished the stuff I moved to photo my icad offerings.  The current discontent is fueled by my attempt to "conquer" Instagram.  This year i am doing ICAD 2017  and it is posted on Instagram .  Somewhere in my head was an idea that Instagram was the way to go.  Now I can post there but i cannot move around.  My mobile is a little different but today i managed to photo and post instantly without going through Dropbox and my PC.

 no desk view just a peak at what I have been doing on my work spot.

 icads;  top is based on weekly theme Collage


This is day 6


 this is day 5 the theme is Kawaii


This is my Wanderlust book made on a day when i was really revved and in the color mode


time to find Xochitl and freeze the cookie dough.

Have a great week

Comments

  1. I'm sure you'll find your mojo soon. I love the collage work that you did. Reading is never a waste of time. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica, great pieces, so vibrant!Really love the journal page. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you are creating something... and cookies are a great stress reliever :)Have fun Xochitl hunting :)
    Have a great Wednes-YAY!

    Bubbles #36
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-418.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW. What is your name on Instagram? I am @iamaliwade I love Instagram, and I use it far more than other social media. Ali x #29

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore that journal page, gorgeous. Have a great week and happy woyww. Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read that Icad as CAD (computer aided design) so, my brain went off in left field with what the heck are you doing lol... I mostly use instagram for under construction projects or quick snap shots all done with my cell phone. so, it has a freedom for me because, its not finished design work that has been edited and watermarked and such.
    Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #40

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ICADs are great. I did a challenge last year and looking forward to doing it again this year. Technically it starts in June through July for 61 days, but I'm going to start later since I've got a busy month ahead. LOL. But they sure are fun! Thanks for the earlier visit. Dorlene #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you overcome your Instagram struggles. Great projects.
    April #32

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Mr. Mojo and Mrs. Muse used to have a habit of going off on naughty holidays together but since my health has improved, they seem more content to stay at home, I'm happy to say! Hope yours return soon! Love the projects you have done, particularly the little fellow in the swimming trunks and wellies! Way to go! Baking is good therapy and very creative in its own right, plus you get to eat it too! I'm glad you are enjoying the reading - something I really enjoy too, and do far too little of. Thank you for your visit and your lovely comment - happy to join you in the Membership of the Divine Order of Messy Desks lol lol!! Nice one!! I've done some more on my mini-album and have done a new blog post about it if you fancy hopping over for a look.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #34

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you found your kitty - my Penny had her nails clipped this week too! What is your name on instagram? Your icads are coming along very nicely! I'm actually working on a project called the Hundred Day Project. I tried the icad project twice a few years ago and wasn't able to keep up. I think it was the prompts that got in my way. I know you don't have to follow the prompts, but I felt I did! Have fun with your summer reading! I'm currently reading Margaret Atwood's The Heart Goes Last. Thanks for your earlier visit, Lindart #41

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried instagram and just couldn't get it figured out! I am thinking of making cookies but it will have to be later tonight. It gets too hot to turn the oven on around here during the day! Hope you have a great week. Thanks for stopping by my desk! Vickie #43

    ReplyDelete
  12. btw we put in raised bed because of the soil issues here. Looks good and green but it it isn't bermuda or crab grass it doesn't grow. We are on the edge of OK where the cedars are a real problem too! V

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no clue how Instagram works scared to try as I know I would mess up... Hope you get it sorted...Love the journal page... Have a great week ahead May #13

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I'm late visiting. My internet was down for nearly two days, but I'm back now. I'm so glad you are doing ICADs this year, but I am not on any of those social media sites, except blogger. I'm simply a blogger and don't have time for other sites. So, I was glad you shared your latest ICADs with us. And of course, I adore that journal page is incredible and SO colorful. Hope Xochtil and you made it to the vet. Also hope your cookies turned out good, too. Happy belated WOYWW from #5.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous post,
    Sorry for the delay in commenting, laptop trouble. It's died on me and I'm in a bit of a flap.
    On a positive note, my Dear Husband plans to buy a replacement for me.
    Katie #33

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,wish we could chat over a glass of wine and chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

401 WOYWW Another hot day

WOYWW 415

WOYWW 422